Employment as a Customer Service Representative
A Customer Service Representative supports customers by providing helpful information, answering questions, and responding to complaints. They're the front line of support for clients and customers and they help ensure that customers are satisfied with products and services.
Customer Service Representatives typically have these skills:
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High school diploma
Customer Service Representative duties may include:
- Provide product and service information and resolving product and service problems
- Answer product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services
- Maintain customer records by updating account information
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Oversee materials and inventory management
Customer Service Representatives in the Twin Cities can make $13-$20 an hour.
Interested in a customer service representative job?
Explore our job board for great positions available now!SEE ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE JOBS