Employment as a Warehouse Worker
As a Warehouse Worker, you are responsible for performing an array of duties such as receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock, and other applicable tasks.
Warehouse Worker typically have these skills:
- 1 to 2 years of previous warehouse experience
- Good communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
Warehouse Worker duties may include:
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat;
- Wear the proper safety equipment
Warehouse Worker in the Twin Cities can make $14-$19 an hour.
Interested in a warehouse worker job?
Explore our job board for great positions available now!SEE ALL WAREHOUSE WORKER JOBS