Assistant Plant Manager – Direct Hire
River Falls, WI
Currently looking for a skilled individual to fill a direct hire Assistant Plant Manager opening with a company in River Falls, WI. Interested candidates should have 3 years of Supervisory/Management experience in a Manufacturing environment, along with excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Assistant Plant Manager Job Description:
- Manage and evaluate production schedule and machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime.
- Drive improvement of day-to-day production quotas, quality, delivery, and inventory.
- Oversee a workforce of 40 employees on the shop floor.
- Ensure proper safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Lead and develop training for employees.
- Proactively communicate any obstacles with management and collaborate on solutions.
- Generate engineering change orders for any inaccuracies in the production engineering.
- Fill in for various Shop Supervisors as backups when they are not available to work.
- Responsible for product flow and personnel set-ups to maintain high efficiency.
- Directs processes of building, machining, finishing and shipment of manufactured products.
- Performs quality checks on products and parts prior to shipment
Assistant Plant Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management preferred or related or work experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years' experience in a management/supervisory role
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations
- Experience working in the millwork industry
- Experience working with Lean principles
The starting salary for the Assistant Plant Manager position is $80,000-$90,000 annually.