Location: Plymouth, MN
Currently looking for skilled individuals to fill a temp-to-hire Assembly Technician opening with a company located in Plymouth, MN. Interested candidates should have at least 1 year of experience working in a custom manufacturing environment, the ability to read and interpret blueprints, and have a strong mechanical aptitude.
Assembly Technician Job Description:
- Assemble and fabricate sheet metal parts and bus, using equipment and tools (hand tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, torques, pliers, utilities knives, file tools, and hammers)
- Interpret instructions, designs, and schematics to produce item to specifications.
- Mount assembled components, such as transformers, panel boards, capacitors, circuit breakers, switches and CT’s in cabinets.
- Notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources or assistance.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment and adhere to procedures, codes, and safety regulations.
- Documents materials used.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies efficiently as needed to accomplish job results.
Assembly Technician Job Requirement:
- High school diploma/GED or more is preferred - equivalent experience will be considered.
- 1 year (minimum) of assembly experience in a commercial and/or industrial setting.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and a minimal level of proficiency in, commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Assembly Department.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering documentation and blueprints.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate well with others in English, both verbally and in writing.
Compensation for Assembly Technician:
The starting salary for the Assembly Technician position is $19.00+ per hour (DOQ).